Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I have started a new tradition of making favors for my beautiful daughter-in-law to give to her students on the holidays.  For Thanksgiving I found this adorable turkey box on MyScrapChick.com.


Here is the process for making a flock of turkeys -

First I cut out the pattern from white cardstock so I would have a template for where to place the colored card stock.



Then I cut the colors in the size needed.  I discovered afterwards that I probably cut them a little big because I was having them right next to each other.  As I got to the end I cut them smaller to save paper. You live and you learn right?

Here is a sample of the cricut mat with all the colors laid out.




I cut out all twenty of the turkeys and kept them together in stacks so that I could assemble them individually.

Here are all of the turkeys complete.

Each of the turkeys was attached to a small box perfect for adding treats.  Part way through cutting out the boxes, my mat decided not to be sticky any more.  After I started with the new mat, I had to deal with this --

the paper rolled up because it was so hard to get off the sticky mat.  No problem though, I was able to get them flattened out.  Here is a stack of the completed boxes.




And here are the completed treat boxes - a flock of turkeys.

MyScrapChick.com has such cute patterns.  I know I will be using more from them in the future to spoil Jessica's students.





No comments:

Post a Comment